After sweating our way to the top of Mt. Coolum and enjoying the stillness of the morning, we made our way down and headed north to Noosa, one of the most famous Aussie vacation destinations. We had a glorious breakfast (including REAL espresso!), walked along the beach, and eventually made our way to the national park. It was absolutely gorgeous - as I'm sure you can tell from the pictures.
Some views from Noosa & Great Sandy National Park...What the pictures don't show, though, is the heat. It was ridiculously hot! We just kept applying sunscreen, sweating, applying more sunscreen, sweating, swimming and getting sand all over ourselves, applying sunscreen and rubbing the sand around (naturally exfoliating!). There's nothing quite that feeling of sticky sand/sweat/sunscreen.
Then we hopped upon the good ol' scoot and went north to Lake Cootharaba. You will not see a picture of this lake because we didn't take one. We were expecting a picturesque lake with clear waters and lush green banks. Instead, we were disappointed to find a brown lake with flat surroundings. I guess when you grow up going to Priest Lake (the most beautiful lake in the world, in my opinion), there is a high standard of what a lake should be! We decided to head back to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. We did stop, despite the heat, to act as complete toursits and take a few pics by the kangaroo signs...
I'm sure the passing cars were impressed by Jonathan's roo-like capabilities...
3 comments:
I too am impressed with Jonathan's roo skils!!! FYI...those scones are amazing. Thanks for the recipe. Miss you guys, katy
I was going to leave you a comment so you'd know that someone was reading, but then I noticed you have a counter to assure you that you are getting plenty of hits. I miss you anyways and am enjoying reading your frequent updates. Looks like you guys are having a great time!
nice pictures! and yes, jonathan's kangaroo skills are quite impressive. miss you. :)
Post a Comment